“Pasta omelette” by Francesca
This is a very fast recipe you can make when you have some pasta left (preferably long size) from the previous day.
It is very simple, you just need eggs, cheese, pasta. (2eggs for 100gr pasta)
- Leave the pasta left white (without oil or any kind of dressing, don’t worry if it is sticky).
- Cut the pasta in smaller pieces, add eggs, some salt and parsely if you like.
- Pout the pasta mixed with the other ingredients into a fridging pan oiled. Cook it as a normal omelette.
ps. Of course you can make omelette with everything left in your fried potatoes, courgettes, wurstel..it is easy to make and nutrient.
Enjoy the making.
I did it last night for dinner and enjoined: I had to empty the fridge so this was the best choice.
- Taste: 7/10 – it depends from ingredients into the omelette
- Easiness of making of: 10/10
“Escalopes with lemon” by Francesca
Ingredients: beaf, flour, lemon (or white wine, red wine, mushrooms, milk).
- Punch the beaf until it becomes a thin layer and cover it with flour and a bit of salt.
- Put the floured beaf in an oiled fridging pan (wait that the oil is warm).
- In 2 minutes turn the meat on the other side and cover it with squeezed lemon, or milk, or with or red wine or mushrooms. (if you want to use mushrooms it is better to cook them a bit separately in a fridging pan with some oil).
- Be careful: don’t cook the beaf too much, if it is thin in 5 minutes it is ready. You should obtain like a cream at the end formed with the flour wixed with the lemon (or wine, or mushroom, or milk)
- Taste: 8/10 – meat is good
- Easiness of making of: 8/10 – Didn’t get the “cream” but at the end was fine.
“Chicken rolls” by MiaLeda
- 8 chicken breast slices
- 8 mozzarella slices
- 8 prosciutto slices
- olive oil
- white wine
- Roll together chicken, prosciutto, mozzarella, some rughetta and pinch of oregano.
- Pierce each roll with a toothpick
- Put oil in a pan with some onion and let it brown
- Put rolls in the pan and let them cook drizzling with white wine (be carefull: let the wine evaporate completely)
- At the end garnish with oregano and oil in the dish
“Quiche” by Francesca
For the pastry
- 250gr flour
- 150gr butter
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- Any kind of vegetables (I used 2 courgettes)
- 3 eggs
- creme fraiche (or panna da cucina)
- salt and pepper
Preparation time: 2.5 hours circa –
(but 1 hour is waiting time and 45 minutes is oven time ..;) )
Making the pastry:
Pour the flour into a bowl and add butter chopped in cubes (butter should be at room temperature). Add a pinch of salt and the egg and crumble all by using your fingers. When homogeneous add a tiny bit of tap water and knead such to have a intact dough. (you need just 2-3 spoons of water). If the dough is sticky add some flour. Shape the dough as a small ball and rest it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Making the filling:
For the filling you can use whatever you’ve left in your fridge. Whatever vegetables you are using, chop and then fry them in a fridging pan with garlic and oil for 10 minutes. (DO NOT ADD WATER, IT IS BETTER TO KEEP THE QUICHE DRY).
In a separate bowl crack the eggs and add half glass of milk, 3-4 spoons of creme fraiche, salt and black pepper if you like. Mix it all with a fork.
Making the quiche:
Take the dough from fridge and cut it in two parts. The dough is enough for two medium quiches or a big one. Stretch the dough by using a rolling pin and lay it down in a pan. Punch the layer by using a fork.
Put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes at 190°. After 5 mins take it out and pour on the layer the vegetables and the mixture made with milk and eggs. You can add some cheese of parmisan on the top if you like.
Cook the quiche for 30-40 minutes. It is ready when the surface gets a golden colour.
FINALLY THE QUICHE IS READY!!!! it is better to serve it cold or not very warm at least…
The preparation is long but it is easy, believe me!! and it is something you can make before and have it the day after or whenever you like.
I attached the photo of my quiche….the recipe is from my french flatmate and he followed me in the preparation so I believe that it is correct!!! ENJOY the preparation and let me know if the effort is worth the taste!!!!!